Solar Panels for Homes and Businesses in Livermore, California
Livermore, California is a great place to live for many reasons, including the fact that it has consistent and strong sunlight totals, making it a great place to “Go Solar!”
Over much of the last decade, California has led the way in the remarkable growth of the US solar market, with PV 16,200 megawatts of installed solar as of October 31, 2017.
As of mid-2017, the average price for solar panels for companies and homes in Livermore was $3.85 per watt, compared to $9.00 in 2004. The typical residential system size in the United States is 5 kilowatts (5,000 watts), making the average cost of a solar energy system in Livermore around $17,300 before any rebates or incentives, which impact the Return on Investment (ROI) over the life of your system.
In fact, the average solar panel system in Livermore cost around $12,000 in 2017, after rebates and before factoring in ROI incentives. This is, in part, due to the 30% rebate offered to both residential and commercial installations. These costs can seem scary, when you don’t compare them to what the utility company is charging. Homeowners are lulled into paying a monthly bill and not realizing they have nothing to show for it. Going solar replaces the utility bill and puts money into your home.
Going Solar is Easier Then You Think
At Synergy Power, we offer you a turn-key solution. What does this mean? It means that we do it all in-house so that we can guarantee our customers’ satisfaction. We know that you have questions, and we are here to answer them. Our well-trained solar panel installers are always glad to discuss the best solution for your particular home or business.
How do Photovoltaic Systems Work?
Solar Photovoltaic (PV) devices convert sunlight into electrical energy. A single PV device is known as a cell. It is small, and generally produces about 1 to 2 watts of power. These cells are connected to form larger units that are then connected to an electrical grid to form a complete PV system. Because solar energy systems are modular, they can be built to meet both large and small electric power needs.
Made of different semiconductor materials, PV cells come in many sizes and shapes ranging from smaller than a postage stamp to several inches in width. To withstand outdoor elements for many years, these cells are sandwiched between protective materials.
PV modules and arrays a part of a larger system that includes mounting structures and components that convert direct current (DC) electricity to alternating current (AC) current, powering the electrical needs of your home or business.
As a turnkey designer and installer of PV solar roof panels, Synergy Power ensures that all your solar system needs are taken care of for your solar panel roof installation, solar panel maintenance, and solar panel repair.
Benefits of Solar Panel Systems
There are numerous benefits to hiring a solar energy company to power your home. These benefits include:
- Financial Savings: Regardless of changing political stances, the fact is that growing global demand for solar power panels has spurred manufacturing and supply chain updates that have seen the cost of solar power drop significantly in many parts of the United States. Another incentive is that solar panel systems add as much as 20% in value to your home. This will increase as conventional electrical rates continue to escalate because solar systems stabilize your utility costs.
- Sustainability: Solar energy is generated from the sun and is renewable. In addition, solar energy does not require water to operate, which means it does not have a significant impact on water systems the way that fossil fuels do.
- Security: Solar-powered systems are less prone to large-scale failure or blackouts since a disruption of a system in one place does not cut off power to an entire region. In fact, a solar power panels are inherently secure when combined with micro-grids.
- Job Creation: According to the Union of Concerned Scientists, “in 2011 the US solar industry employed approximately 100,000 people either full or part time.” This number topped over 300,000 in 2017 with close to 78% of jobs associated with solar panel systems being in installation, sales, and project development while 15% are in manufacturing. This upward trend has been interrupted in 2018 by the imposition of tariffs on solar-related items coming into the United States, but that is seen as temporary.
- Peak Power: Usage has been causing brownouts and blackouts in certain parts of the country when power cycles fluctuate, and demand and supply do not match. Traditional solar panels do not have batteries, so any power generated that isn’t used at the home or business is sold back to the utility for purchase later.
At Synergy Power, we offer our customers a turnkey solution that addresses every aspect of going solar. We cover everything including finding the best solar system solution for your home or business, solar panel installation or solar roof tile installation, and the installation and maintenance of your system.
We know that solar systems are an upgrade to your home. According to one study by Lawrence Berkley National Labs, a solar energy system will increase the value of your home by at least $15,000.
Also, each kilowatt hour (kWh) of solar that your home or business generates substantially reduces greenhouse gas emissions like CO2, sulfur oxides, nitrogen oxides, particular matter and other dangerous pollutants while reducing water consumption and costly extraction methods necessitated by oil, gas and fracking solutions.
Just one hour of noon-time summer sun equals the annual United States’ electricity demand.
The city of Livermore is home to many different golf courses and vineyards, and a farmer’s market that brings farm-fresh food directly to their customers. But perhaps the most iconic piece of Livermore is the Centennial Light, a lightbulb that has continuously run since 1904 in the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department main station. It is amazing that the lightbulb has provided light and energy for so long, and Synergy Power is dedicated to providing that same level of durability to our customers.
California has great solar possibilities available directly from the sun. Synergy Power is one of the solar panel companies that is here to help you harness that resource with solar PV. Contact us today! We will answer your questions and help you increase the value of your home while lowering your annual electricity bill and energy consumption. Solar energy systems are the future. We will offer you a low-risk, long-term investment in your home, your business, and the planet.